Giving back is part of our mission, and 10% of the profits from all sales will be going to THE HIKE FUND, INC.
- It is fully staffed by unpaid volunteers from throughout the United States and Canada. Total operating expenses are less than 5%.
- The purpose of the Fund is to provide hearing devices for children with hearing losses between the ages of newborn and twenty years whose parents are unable to meet this special need financially. An estimated 100 children are provided with hearing devices each year.
- Hearing devices are rarely covered by insurance. Children are eligible to receive a grant providing the need is verified by a prescription from an audiologist or physician.
- The Fund has awarded many types of devices including, but not limited to, hearing aids, FM systems, closed caption converters, tactile units, alerting systems, and specialized sports equipment, to aid children with hearing loss in communication.
- I am on the board of directors and like all of our board we put our time, energy and money where our mouth is. I have hardly seen a group of more dedicated and talented individuals give to the community as I have witnessed while on the board. I am blessed and honored to be able to serve a selfless cause with talented people.
Open Your G.I.F.T.S. Volume 2 can be ordered here. 10% of all profits will be donated to The HIKE Fund, Inc.